Jun 20, 2010

Craft or Bust Week 24 Check-In and Roundup (June 13-19)

Posting this super-late in the day, but it's still Sunday where I am, at least. ;) It's been a busy and energy-eating week over here. Also, last quarter we took nominations for and voted on a Craft or Bust Project of the Quarter (and lo, it was fun), but I'm not sure there's been enough participation this quarter to justify doing it again. If you check in this week, check out the links in this paragraph to the last Project of the Quarter stuff let me know if you feel like doing it this quarter. If not, no worries. We can sort of moosh all of the projects from the second and third quarters in together later, maybe. ;) Or if you have another idea for something fun to do now that this quarter is over, let me know! Anyway, here's what we've been up to lately:

Roundup of Week 23: What We Crafted From June 6-12

  • Jessica made hambugers, and veggie and rice casserole, got a big box of yarn in the mail, got rid of more stuff in the inevitable moving process, wrote out a gloves pattern and finished knitting the legs of her dad's socks.
  • Susie made elderflower cordial (how cool is that? :D — check it out on her blog!), and made bags and a skirt, among other things, for which there are yet no photos.

Check-in for Week 24: What Have You Done Lately? (June 13-19)

What I did this week:

Drop spindlesSunday I labeled and put together my Phat Fiber samples, finally listened to the May WeaveCast, sorted some digital photos, wove a bunch of tiny Weavette squares and put them into my Phat Fiber sample packaging, and packaged and sent off a custom order. Monday, I made yet more handwoven squares for the Etsy Craft Party goodie bags and color-adjusted a bunch of digital photos. Tuesday, I made, packaged, and delivered 25 charm pins for the Etsy Craft Party goodie bags. Wednesday, I photographed spinning fiber, listed new spinning fiber in the Etsy shop, and spun up my sample Robin Goodfellow batt in a small skein of two-ply and a small skein of singles to see what it would look like as yarn. Thursday, I made yet more tiny loom squares, thinking I'd make a belt or other accessory out of them, carded a bunch of batts, and made some polymer clay spindle whorls. Friday, I went to the Tampa Etsy Craft Party and taught people how to use drop spindles! Yay! Saturday ... well, I didn't do anything crafty that day, but I did rearrange part of the living room furniture. ;)

And I still wrote a little bit of my little novel every single day, even when I really didn't want to. Writing every day for more than a month, even on days that were pretty crappy, really makes me feel like I'd better have a REALLY GOOD excuse if I don't write one day...

What did you craft this week?

Don't forget to use the standard check-in format on the rules page!

And again, if you're new to Craft or Bust, check out the CoB rules page and sign up if you like — it's easy!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails