Mar 26, 2007

Yarn exercise program update

According to my Yarn Exercise Program Guidelines for 2007, I have to finish at least two UFOs during the program ... and hey! Surprise for me: I've done that with the eyelet skirt from Knitty and the Jamaica bag! Yayyy! ;)

I haven't really been paying much attention to my yarn-buying habits, but I think that's partly because I haven't been buying yarn. I've been thinking about buying yarn, but I haven't actually done it, even as is permissible under the guidelines. I've been stashbusting pretty decently so far this year. :D At the same time, I've managed to acquire more yarn just from swap gifts, so the stashbusting rate is still a little slow ... ha, ha. ;)

Remaining goals:

*Knit at least four Warm Up America squares
*Start a new knitting project that's for me, and not a gift

I don't think I'll have a problem doing that last one, and the first one I just have to remember I'm supposed to do as part of the Exercise Program. The next yarn exercise program could be even more stringent and it probably wouldn't be a problem: you know, I could require myself to knit at least two chemo caps, or at least two charity knitting projects, etc., particularly from stash, or maybe some from stash and some not from stash, to give myself the opportunity to use new yarn without needing to restrict myself to stuff I'd buy for myself ... and eventually, I might even require myself to design something. Heh. This is the most fun exercise program ever. ;D
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails