Jul 25, 2010

Craft or Bust Week 29 Check-In and Roundup (July 18-24)

Quiet around here lately, but that's okay. It's the "slow" season, right? ;)

Roundup of Week 28: What We Crafted From July 11-17

  • Jessica finished the last side of her dice bag — stay tuned for whether it ends up getting redone in a new yarn! ;) She also finished most of the fluffy Natalie scarf, cast on a sweater for her dad, did a ridiculous number of gauge swatches that inspired her to alter the pattern, made a chicken and noodle casserole, and posted a story about Bastille Day on her blog.

Check-in for Week 29: What Have You Done Lately? (July 18-24)

Phat Fiber JulyAs for me, I wrote every day, even when I felt like a sucky writer, and spent almost all of my Tour de Fleece spinning time finishing the endless bobbin of Rubies and Sapphires Merino. Sunday, I took some photos of Phat Fiber batts, wrote descs, and listed them in the Etsy shop and spun the endless Merino. Monday, I created a sales tax tracker/calculator spreadsheet, paid my sales tax literally 30 seconds before the online-submission deadline (so piratical it almost deserves to be called creative? ;)) and spun some more of the Merino. Tuesday, I reorganized my Amazon.com wish lists so that now I have eleven or so (ha, ha!), spent time pondering yarn choice and then ordering yarn for a test knit, edited a bunch of tags on my Etsy items, updated my Etsy profile, and (guess!) spun some more Merino. Wednesday, I wrote a writing critique for the Critters group, but did not spin any of the endless Merino because it was a TDF rest day. Thursday, I wrote a blog post draft but didn't post it because it severely needs editing, spun yet more of the endless Merino, and e-mailed a friend about a costume collaboration idea for Dragon*Con ... cackle. Friday, the test knit yarn got here, and I tidied up the shipping materials area (which required some creative box-stacking ;)) and FINALLY finished spinning the endless Merino! At least, the singles ... Saturday, I started spinning the second purple Gypsy batt and made brownie cookies.

What did you do this week? Share your own crafty accomplishments in the comments here, and don't forget to use the standard check-in format on the rules page!

And as always, if you're new to Craft or Bust, check out the CoB rules page and sign up if you like — it's easy!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails