Mar 28, 2010

Craft or Bust Week 12 Check-In and Roundup (March 21-27)

Notes & Announcements

Quarterly CoB awards ceremony poll officially over, "tally of achievements where everyone wins" and "tally of achievements PLUS nominated and voted-on awards" are tied, so we'll try both this quarter and see how it goes. Details on that to come in the next update, when the quarter will officially be over.

In the meantime, you can prep your stuff! It'd make sense to nominate projects that show up in the Flickr pool, so that I can access the photos to post them here on the blog, and so people can see photos of what they're voting on. Meaning, make sure you go over and put photos of anything you want to potentially be nominated for a quarterly CoB award into the Flickr pool. :D If anyone has some objection to that, drop me a line and let me know!

Also, I'm not thinking of limiting the number of nominations one person can make, you can absolutely nominate stuff you made yourself (though it would be nice if you nominated other people's stuff, too ;)), and even if you've never checked in, if you're on the roster, you can feel free to nominate something.

If you have an idea for an awards category, either leave it in your comment or e-mail it to me. :D

Roundup of Week 11: What We Crafted From March 14-20

  • Elabeth put up gobs of paper flowers and stuff for her shop sale, took pictures of the grandbaby, made bobby pin button-things button and talked about my circle punch too much. (Hee. ;)) She also shares with us the secret of how she has a grandson at 37, but not the secret of her eternal youth (dang ;)). Read about it on her blog.
  • Jessica made a washcloth from a pattern stitch in her stitch-a-day calendar, was inspired by food-named patterns in said calendar to do a Knitting Linguist Cooks series with patterns plus recipes on her blog (so cool!), made peach and oatmeal cookies (which sound interesting, and better than oatmeal raisin ;D), started making mini Weasley sweaters for Christas ornaments, bought her cap and gown, made more oatmeal cookies and posted the recipe on her blog, bought yarn for some fingerless gloves for her "son" Yong (is this something else that might prompt secret sharing? ;)), and mostly finished her Harry Potter bag.
  • Sarah made 3 new necklaces and a bracelet, improved her brass patina-izing technique, and discovered that a sketch pad and persistence make good weapons in banishing her creative blocks (awesome! You should do a blog post! ;)) and the resulting bald patches. ;)
  • Velma made "the world's hawtest SOCK" using her own hand-dyed yarn. Read about it on her blog.
  • Halloweentango (Michelle) worked on her inspiration book/journaled, and worked on a crocheted hat from her very own handspun! Read about it on her blog.

Check-in for Week 12: What Have You Done Lately? (March 21-27)

What I did this week:

This has been the year's most appalling week. Five out of the seven days have been marked by people being amazingly rude, insulting and irrational toward me — several different people, even. It's like it was all stored up to unleash on me this week. ;) The rest of my time has been filled in with finishing my final projects for two out of the last three classes for my Web design diploma. So I literally didn't get any crafting done except for a tiny, tiny bit that I squeezed in at the last second on Saturday: I knit a single row of my TwitKAL Wandering Woman shawl. I've been reading a little bit of a book that arrived this week, too: Mary Thomas's Book of Knitting Patterns, which is great for neat knitting stitch patterns and their behaviors. I think I'll be drawing on it a lot in my future pattern designs, but I haven't worked on any of them this week ... so Saturday stands alone as my crafting day this week. Serious ugh this week. (At least I'll know which week was the crappiest this year if it comes up on a quiz, unless there's another waiting for me out there. ;))

What did you craft this week?

(Don't forget to use the standard check-in format on the rules page! And don't forget to post any awards category ideas you have for the quarterly CoB awards!)
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails