Mar 7, 2010

Craft or Bust week 9 check-in and roundup (Feb 28-Mar 6)

Notes & Announcements

Welcome to Month 3 of Craft or Bust. Onward...

Roundup of Week 8: What We Crafted From Feb 21-27

  • Halloweentango (Michelle) worked on the Pine Forest Baby Blanket for the Ravelympics. (Did you get your massages-and-wine reward?) Read about it on her blog.
  • Sarah had a sniffle delay, but still managed to work on greenifying her craftiness by taking apart flea market treasures. She made jewelry, started studying up on soldering, tried a new cookie recipe, and created a Twitter account. Hurrah! Let's everyone follow her! (As for the Craft or Bust presence on Twitter that you mentioned in your check-in comment, it's mostly my check-in announcements, but you can always use the hash-tag #craftorbust on anything you want to show off as part of the CoB effort!)
  • Elabeth has been working on her Shalom cardigan (link to her Ravelry project page), and it just needs a teeny bit of finishing. She finished a novelty yarn sample scarf for her shop (that stuff really sells like hotcakes still? For some reason I thought the knitting world was over that ... or maybe I'm thinking of a specific subset of it ... and hey, power to you. ;D) She also got a Silhouette die cutter and made a YARN ZOMBIE STICKER! OMG. So ridiculous. In a good way, of course. Totally make t-shirts.
  • Jessica finished her Ravelympics socks, made a Black Forest cake, and worked some more on finishing Mr. Richard's hat (I think I keep calling him that because I don't know him personally, or maybe I'm in a Regencyish mood ;)).

And that's it for last week. Where the heck did everyone go? Maybe everyone's fingers were frozen and you were hoping March would thaw you out? ;)

On the off chance that there's something wrong with my blog keeping people from checking in, do e-mail me at crystal@starncrossbones.com and let me know. Thanks, dear CoBers. :D


Update: Thanks to Elabeth and Jessica, I unearthed the two check-ins from last week that were languishing in my inbox. Duhhhh. I should have checked my moderation page before asking where everyone was. I just had this crazy idea that because I was actually watching my inbox for check-ins last week, I hadn't missed any. (I know, what was I thinking?? ;))

Check-in for Week 8: What Have You Done Lately? (Feb 28-Mar 6)

What I did this week:

Ravelympics 2010 WIPs dancing medalSunday, I wrapped up some test-knitting stuff for Princess in the Wilds and finished my Scrapilicious Mini Tote UFO (my final Ravelypics medal). Monday, I bought a digital copy of Interweave Knits Fall 2009 (which will become notable later in the week) and knit on my Silken Scabbard sweater (must ... finish ... before it gets permanently warm...). Tuesday, I tested and adjusted a new teeny tiny pattern, finished reading a book (creativity recharge!), and knitted more Silken Scabbard. Wednesday, I fixed the test-knitter registration form. Yayyy! I also did some of the writing exercises in Book in a Month and worked yet more on the sweater. Thursday, more writing exercises, more sweater. Friday, I bought some supplies for a new stitch marker project (shh, it's a secret for now ;)), spun a test skein of yarn, carded a bit of Merino wool, and knitted a buttload on the Silken Scabbard.

What did you craft this week?

(Don't forget to use the standard check-in format on the rules page!)
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails