Sep 5, 2010

Craft or Bust Week 35 Check-In and Roundup (August 29-September 5)

Check-in coming to you from Dragon*Con 2010 in Atlanta, GA! All things considered, it's slightly amazing I'm managing this check-in at all. ;D

Roundup of Week 34: What We Crafted From August 22-28

Last week...

  • Jessica finished some socks, started a crafty journal, finished a pair of Fair Isle mittens aqnd swatched for the gloves redo, "reinvented garlic bread" and made macaroni and cheese and a raspberry cream pie, knit several inches of her dad's sweater, and spent time cleaning her bedroom.
  • Meredith C. has checked in again after a while, and has since her last check-in been planning her first handspun sweater and working on a pair of Noro striped knee-highs.
  • Lesley finished a pair of wool socks — her first homemade Christmas gift of the year. She also played with paper crafts by making "Homemade for You" tags with her knitting-themed stamps.
  • Susie wrote up a "non-pattern" and put it up on Ravelry due to Blogger technical obstinacies, started her blog interviews, knit some of her Citron, crocheted, and worked on her Loopy Cowl, an original pattern by her.

Check-in for Week 35: What Have You Done Lately? (August 22-28)

Signage at Dragon*ConThis is what I did this week, interrupted by Dragon*Con, during which I stood in Many Lines: Sunday, I sewed an apron and knit 20 rows of the hood of my hooded shrug. Monday, I tried on a bunch of costume stuff and took photos. Tuesday, I put together a PDF of the costume pics from the day before and sent it off to the approving body at Robot, Monster and Ghost. Wednesday, I did some more costume trials with photos. Thursday I knit some of my hooded shrug during the 8-hour drive to Atlanta. Friday, I did Dragon*Con. What more can you ask? Saturday, I knit some more of my hooded shrug while waiting for the How to Make Booze panel.

So what about you? Share your own crafty accomplishments from the past week in the comments here, and don't forget to use the standard check-in format on the rules page!

And as always, if you're new to Craft or Bust, check out the CoB rules page and sign up if you like — it's easy!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails