Sep 28, 2010

Knitting away: the finished Bainbridge Scarf and a Buttonhead

My knitting mojo is in, for the moment, like a tide of creativity. Sometime, it'll go out again, and the shore will be bare, and all those sea creatures that live in the boundary zone will be exposed for a little while, visible to us land-dwellers ... er, where was I? Oh, yeah. For now, the knit stitches are swelling. When they recede, they'll leave behind lots of new knit projects for all to see. Does that make more sense? ;)

Of course, let me ruin my cute little metaphor by prematurely showing you what the waves have brought in. No need to wait for the tide to go back out. It's the finished Bainbridge Scarf!

Finished Bainbridge Scarf

Is it ridiculous, or what? You really need to see it on me — it can be tied a couple of different ways and it's really ridiculous (in a good way) when worn. But you may have to wait for cooler weather to come down southward before I feel like taking a picture. Or maybe I'll get impatient and snap a horrible mirror photo. ;)

I also cast on a Buttonhead hat with some handspun, for the knitalong on the Leethal Knitters group. This handspun, to be precise:

Handspun yarn, waiting to become Buttonhead
You can see another view of the yarn here.

This is the beginning of what promises to be a very texturey, colorful, personality-ful hat.

Buttonhead Begins

It looks like it's going to be a quick knit, too. Look for the finished hat in the next week or two, depending on what happens with my life, universe, and everything.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails