Aug 29, 2010

Craft or Bust Week 34 Check-In and Roundup (August 22-28)

I know I said I'd have a corset update yesterday at latest — yeahhh. Yesterday was another one of those days that was supposed to be helpful but that ended up the opposite. SIGH. But anyway. ;) Let's CoB.

We have a new member! WOO! Welcome to Lesley, whose ultimate CoB goal is to make as many of her Christmas gifts as possible this year, and whose mini-goal is to knit every day, which should help with her Big Goal and also help her relieve stress as she begins a new program at school. Yay! Thanks for joining us, Lesley!

Roundup of Week 33: What We Crafted From August 15-21

Last week...

  • Jessica the Steadfast wrote up two patterns, one of which went to Knitty and one of which is now on Ravelry. Yes, that's a link to the one on Rav. Go forth and see! She also frogged and reknit 10 rows of a Fair Isle mitten, made it to the toe decreases of the socks she's currently knitting, started writing up two new patterns, and GOT A JOB! Go you, Jessica!

Check-in for Week 34: What Have You Done Lately? (August 22-28)

Getting ready to draft the Peach corsetHere's my li'l update: Sunday, I sketched the "crazy" version of the steampunk Princess Peach costume, researched men's Victorian clothing for the steampunk Mario costume, and did a sketch for the Robot, Monster and Ghost Co. costume (but I'm not showing it to anyone yet ;)). Monday, I picked up some cotton twill for the Peach corset, and a pad of newsprint for drafting patterns. Tuesday, I took my measurements for the Peach bodice sloper (and had the first mate take the ones I couldn't take) and (with some difficulty) drafted the front bodice sloper pattern. Wednesday, I hunted down stash fabric for the bodice sloper muslin, knit one repeat of the ice princess capelet (Rav link) I've been working on forever, rearranged some of the living room to make room for costumey activities, and drafted the back bodice sloper pattern. Thursday, I received some costumey stuff in the mail, knit 15 rows of the hooded shrug pattern I'm testing, and drafted a corset pattern, cut out the pattern pieces, and pinned them to the mock-up fabric. Friday, I oiled and tested my sewing machine; cut out, sewed, and tried on the corset mock-up; and knit 35 rows of the hooded shrug, which got me to the END of the sleeves! Now I just need to do the edging and the hood. Saturday, I went thrift-store shopping for costume pieces and got a fairly good haul of those and some sewing supplies, including some supposedly antique buttons.

So what about you? Share your own crafty accomplishments from the past week in the comments here, and don't forget to use the standard check-in format on the rules page!

And as always, if you're new to Craft or Bust, check out the CoB rules page and sign up if you like — it's easy!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails