Aug 22, 2010

Craft or Bust Week 33 Check-In and Roundup (August 15-21)

Tip of the hat to my staunch friend Jessica as we march forward in our weekly crafting together! ;)

Roundup of Week 32: What We Crafted From August 8-14

Last week...

  • Jessica made True Blood team t-shirts with her friends, reached the end of the gusset decreases in her socks, cast on a Fair Isle mitten and made it about a third of the way through it, made a pair of baby booties for her former nanny's god-child, went to an interview, and posted photos and a narrative of her latest adventures on her blog — squirrels, climbing, covered bridges! Check it out!

Check-in for Week 33: What Have You Done Lately? (August 15-21)

"Mud" cupcakesStill haven't re-taken-up my writing brain, but it will come back soon. It will. Really. Other than that ... Last Sunday I tweaked some packaging labels in Illustrator, put crafty thingies in packaging, made a shawl pin, and knit 10 rows in the continuing saga of the hooded shrug. Monday, I brainstormed & consulted with my friends over at Robot, Monster & Ghost Co. about our costume collaboration for Dragon*Con and ordered some glass jars for the costume. (Can you guess what they'll be used for? ;)) Tuesday, I researched historical costumes for my Steampunk Princess Peach costume, did a preliminary costume sketch, ordered some costume books, made scones, looked at costume patterns, and created a Food set on my Flickr account. Wednesday, I ordered some new business cards (and crossed my fingers they'd get here before Dragon*Con), added a kind of wonky bottom graphic to the blog, and knit 40 rows on the hooded shrug and thus reached the beginning of the second sleeve, of which I knitted 15 rounds. Thursday, I started writing a character sheet to help me with my RM&G costume-building. Friday, I finished said character sheet, bought a set of hair pins for the costume, and read/looked through about half of one of the Victorian costume books that arrived this week. Saturday, despite all good intentions to get an Obscene Amount of Costume Stuff done, I only knitted two rows of the hooded shrug, and made chocolate non-mud cupcakes. (I thus commit myself to getting an Obscene Amount done tomorrow.)

So what about you? Share your own crafty accomplishments from the past week in the comments here, and don't forget to use the standard check-in format on the rules page!

And as always, if you're new to Craft or Bust, check out the CoB rules page and sign up if you like — it's easy!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails