Sorry for the lateness of this post, again ... This past week was mostly taken up by prepping for upcoming events. Maybe I'll do better next week. ;) (At least my arms won't be all stiff from beating the crap out of a drum while sitting in the front of a dragon boat, so it'll be easier to type...)
Roundup of Week 16: What We Crafted From April 18-24
- Velma went yarnbombing in Eureka, started a lace shawl, knit most of a hat, worked on a formerly-abandoned crochetex hat, and started another spindle of handspun laceweight. Read about it on her blog.
- Luna did a multi-week check-in: She knitted a starfish hat, worked on a freeform crochet project with handspun, a crocheted bag with bulky lock yarn + needle-felted locks, made some spinning batts from dyed locks, worked on her blog, and — BIG CHEERS! — opened her own yarn and spinning wool shop in Elizabethtown! No wonder she's been too busy to check in. ;)
- Jessica ran lights for a performance of John Cariani's "Almost, Maine," finished the gussets on her vampire socks, and knit about 3 inches of the legs of her lace socks.
- Halloweentango (Michelle) summarized her week with "Uhhh, wellllll……." Read why on her blog.
- Elabeth did a multi-week check-in: She worked on getting the Arkansas Fiber Arts Extravaganza Web site set up, worked on vendor apps, and worked om the vendor room layout. She also knitted a ladder shawl store sample
I also worked on some knitting projects, finished a ladder shawl store sample, made a bracelet with diamond glaze and magazine pictures for her friend Nic's birthday, and did pre-yarn-room-moving cleaning.
- Meredith M didn't have a to of time to craft, but she worked on Que Sera and Abrazo and had her husband take photos of finished objects. And while she hasn't been writing in her blog, she has stuck with trying to for a full quarter — why don't you go over and visit her blog and maybe follow her there and leave some comments to encourage her? :D
Check-in for Week 17: What Have You Done Lately? (April 25-May 1)
What I did this week:
Sunday, I made a strawberry cheesecake pudding pie — I've never made a pudding pie before, so I think next time I'll go heavier on strawberries ... Monday, I did a lot of boring admin stuff like registering for sites and alerts that have to do with my crafty business, and organizing my bookmarks. Tuesday, I did some more organizing, wrote a blog post, and brainstormed new blog post ideas. Wednesday, I posted a blog post and spun some more of the cottony Merino yarn. Thursday, I fixed the semi-broken contact forms on my crafty Web site (erk). Friday, I finished weaving washcloths on my Cricket loom and tried hand-sewing the edges and washing the washcloths in the washing machine ... which worked! Hurray! Saturday was eaten by the dragon boat races and a fashion show ... but at least I got some ideas from watching the people at the show!
What did you craft this week?
(Don't forget to use the standard check-in format on the rules page!)