Jun 20, 2007

BBS swatched!

I finally finished the swatch for my Socks for Soldiers Big Black Socks. Whew! Now I just have to wash it and see whether it shrinks. The gauge right now is -- as is typical for me -- large (nine stitches per inch instead of seven to eight). But if it shrinks just a little in the wash, the gauge will be perfect. Here's hoping. ;) I'm using Lang Jawoll, a superwash wool blend, which I got out of the donation basket and have evilly been sitting on for a while ... but once I get started, things should go faster! ;) I don't actually know what size needle I'm using; le sigh! I can't find either of my needle gauges at the moment, although I swear I was using one last time I was working on something. It's probably hiding in the bottom of the knitting bag. Anyway, I think I'm using size 1 needles, because that's the largest size listed on the package of sock needles this came out of. Now, to find something to wash the swatch with...
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails