Jul 5, 2009

Tour de Fleece, Day 1 and morning of Day 2

Day 1 of the Tour de Fleece was mostly a bust, but I did spin a small amount of yarn. An extremely small amount. I finger-spun a tiny bit of hand-dyed Tussah silk I grabbed for comfort factor while moping that I should probably go to bed rather than stay up and spin, since it was after midnight when we got home from 4th of July festivities. Still, I did spin something, no matter how small:

Tour de Fleece Day 1


This morning, likewise, was full of putz. I suffered from a bout of "fiber fright," meaning that I was stymied by the usual unwillingness to use up/mess up precious pretty stash fiber — and the knowledge of my own unwillingness made me all the more aware that if I forced myself, I could end up not enjoying myself as much as I should. And what's the point of that?

But I finally got off my butt, pushed aside the fiber fright, and decided to tackle the four ounces of red Rambouillet and blue mohair that I won in a blog contest a while ago:

Tour de Fleece fibers

Tour de Fleece fibers


It should make a pretty decent shawl-type object, so I'll be spinning it fairly fine. (One good thing about lighter-weight yarns is that they can be doubled to make a heavier knit, if I want to go that way. So I have more options if I spin more finely.) I don't think I've ever spun four ounces of yarn in one day, so this should keep me busy for a bit.

Spin, spin and away...!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails