Feb 20, 2010

Writing a book with a published author!

That sounds all fancy, doesn't it? ;) And of course I'm full of crap — but not completely.

What's up: I just discovered Holly Lisle's Write a Book With Me project, which reminds me of Craft or Bust, in a way. In Write a Book With Me, you...
  • Work on any project you choose.
  • Join any time.
  • Check in any time.
  • Try to write a little bit on a regular basis.
  • Don't worry about missing a day, a month, or more.
  • Have fun; no guilt.
  • Aim to finish your book.

And in CoB, you:
  • Join whenever.
  • Stay as long as you like.
  • Have fun; be inspired; show off your achievements.
  • Try to check in every week, but if you don't, no worries.
  • Try to craft regularly, even if it's only a little bit.
  • Work on any project or projects you choose.
  • Set your own goal(s).
Anyway, if you've checked it out at all (or even if you haven't), the subtitle to my blog reads "One little pirate chick spins yarn, knits, weaves, sews, writes, babbles, runs a crafty business, talks about speculative fiction and reality, and chases dreams."

You may have noticed I haven't done much of the speculative fiction or writing bits, even though they're a large part of why I changed the blog from plain old "Quicksilver Crafter" to "Quicksilver Crafter 2.0." But! I have a Cunning Plan. I just signed up for Holly Lisle's "Crash Revisions" mini-workshop on SavvyAuthors.com, to learn how to revise a novel in seven days — even though I don't have a finished novel. Ha, ha. ;D (Three halves of unrelated novels do not a finished book make.) Can you see my thinking? The mini-workshop is March 28. I have over 50,000 words written already. And if I write every day from now through March 27, I'll be at least 8,000 words closer to finishing my novel. Maybe I'll even be finished.

And that's however much closer to that elusive, decades-old goal: having a novel written! :D :D :D

BTW, I have NaNoWriMo to thank for what I have written so far, but also to thank for the multiple book projects, since I wasn't sure, the first time I did NaNoWriMo, whether I would end up writing complete drivel, so I started a new project rather than work on the one I had going, which I didn't want to derail with drivel. ;)

More later, after I ponder whether I'll really be joining Write a Book With Me. Regardless, I need an attack plan to get That Darn Book (or any one of them) finished. Finally.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails