Apr 24, 2006

Not that I'm obsessed right now

But I'm going for the world record for the number of blog posts in one day. ;P Wrapping a yarn ball with little gift inclusions is the coolest idea. I should try that for someone on RAK Wish List or bday_packages who asks for yarn...

In other news, I'm having another Impetuous Knitting Project moment. I'm part of the way through a pair of socks for my Sock Hop swap partner. Technically, I've already sent her a package that meets the stated requirements for the swap, but ... I really wanted to knit her some socks, no matter how cool those Pink Panther socks really are. ;) There's just a dearth of sock yarn around here, and the closest LYS is mildly expensive and run by a semi-bitchy lady who doesn't have the same color palette tastes as I have so while I often love the yarn itself I have trouble finding the colors I really want. I also wanted to make the knit socks either fantasy-themed or yoga-themed because said swap partner likes those things and so do I and I thought it'd be cool. But the lack of sock yarn and the lack of a fun pattern stymied me, so I sent the store-bought socks. Then along came the yoga socks!

So now I'm making a pair currently in some olive green I had left over from making Virginia's seed stitch scarf last year. (See? I'm trying to use up my stash now! I admit I did have thoughts of going and buying some fun, brightly colored yarn, but I exerted some discipline and made do with what I have. I hope my Sock Hop partner doesn't mind. I think green is rather yoga-ish anyway.)

And while I'm at it, I may try to combine the Pincushion Challenge with a swap and make a pin cushion for my indie secret pal swap partner. There, that's how you do seventeen things at once -- you combine them so you get points across the board for just doing four or five projects.

Ha, ha, ha ... just four or five...
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails